Are you wondering how you can make delicious, soft, cream cheese at home? Well, we are here for you as our 3-ingredients recipe will help you prepare your own cream cheese at home. The ingredients we have used will already be present in your kitchen. So, just collect them and whip up this ultimate dip recipe.
Talking about its history, around 1873, William A. Lawrence was the first to mass-produce an unripe fresh cheese, which we know as cream cheese. In 1872, he purchased a Neufchâtel factory. By combining cream into the process, he was able to develop a richer cheese that he termed “cream cheese.”
The Best and One of the Easiest Cream Cheese Recipes!
Are you thinking about making your own cheese? This cheese is a great choice to start with as it will only take a few ingredients and some little time to make your very own homemade cream cheese from scratch.
This recipe is the heart of from-scratch recipes and one of the easiest recipe for beginners. With just a few ingredients, you will be able to whip up a creamy dreamy spread that will be perfect for your soft and chewy Montreal bagels.
So, let’s see how you can whip up cream cheese at home easily.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Servings: 1 cup
- 8 cups of full-fat milk
- 1 lemon 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- pinch of dried herbs garlic powder, and dried chilies, for flavoring
Method to Prepare
- Firstly, take a saucepan and pour milk into it. Heat the milk and bring it to a boil over a medium-high flame.
- As soon as it comes to a boil, add the lemon juice and then turn off the flame.
- Keep it aside for a few minutes until the milk curdles. You will see that a yellowish liquid is being left behind.
- Pour the curdled milk through a cheesecloth and sieve to strain the liquid whey.
- You can also use a slotted spoon to scoop out all the curdles, while leaving the liquid whey in the pot.
- Rinse these curds with cold water as it will help you get rid of any extra whey, clinging to the curds.
- Squeeze the curdled milk as much as you can to drain any last drop of the liquid whey.
- Now, put this strained milk into a food processor and add salt.
- Start pulsing the processor and within a couple of minutes, light and fluffy cream cheese will be formed.
- If you want to add the suggested or any of your favorite flavors or herbs, do it now.
- Your cream cheese is ready!
Making your own cream cheese from scratch is quite easier than you think! All you need are 3 ingredients and our homemade cream cheese recipe is ready! So, make rich, creamy, and tangy cream cheese with this simple recipe today only!