A classic and much-adored Thai dish – Crab Fried Rice Recipe is full of delicate flavors and mesmerizing aroma. When the crab comes in contact with the soy sauce, fish sauce, and Shaoxing wine, it spreads a delicious aroma around the room.
If you are looking for something ultra-delicious in minutes, then this Crab Fried Rice Recipe is the best way to tantalize your taste buds with its bursting seafood flavor!
Delicious Crab Fried Rice Recipe
This fried rice is so popular that you will find restaurants in Thailand specializing only in this one dish. Simple to make, delicious, no veggies to deal with – what more do you want as a child!
Whenever you are in a mood to eat a luxurious meal without any fuss – try this effortless Crab Fried Rice Recipe. All you need is one pan and some ingredients to cook up a delicious and hearty meal, that too, quickly!
Additionally, if you are a crab lover, you will enjoy this Southeast Asian dish. This “Thai Khao Phat Buu” – fried rice with crab – is prepared using fragrant jasmine rice gently seasoned with some powerful condiments.
Then, this crab rice is tossed with scrambled egg, picked crab meat, and scallions finished with a bit of drizzle of fish sauce and served by sprinkling cilantro and cucumbers. Are you craving this Crab Fried Rice already?
Well, let’s see how you can make this amazingly flavorful and effortless Crab Fried Rice Recipe at your home!
You can serve this delicious crab rice with the appetizing Bun Cha and enjoy a toothsome Thai dinner night right at your home!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 3 serves
- 2 cups cooked rice, day-old, and refrigerated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Two tablespoons cooking oil, divided
- 3-4 large eggs, beaten
- 1½ tablespoons thinly sliced scallions, white parts
- One tablespoon minced garlic, divided
- ¾-1 cup crab meat about 5-5.5 oz.
- One teaspoon fish sauce, to taste
- 1½-2 teaspoon soy sauce, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions, green parts
- black pepper
Method to Prepare
- Take a shallow plate, and add rice with ½ teaspoon salt and 1½ teaspoon of oil. While doing this, break up the rice with your fingers.
- Place a deep skillet or pan over medium flame and heat one teaspoon of oil.
- Now, add the beaten egg and scramble briefly. Remove eggs from the flame while they are still soft and a little runny. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Heat another teaspoon of oil in the same pan and add the white parts of the scallions.
- Sauté them for a few seconds, then add half of the garlic and sauté again until fragrant.
- Now, add crab meat, stir and cook crabs for around 20 seconds and then drizzle one teaspoon of fish sauce and ½ teaspoon of soy sauce.
- Stir well and cook until the crab meat is heated through and fragrant, for around 20 seconds. Transfer the cooked crabs to a plate and set them aside.
- Now, heat the remaining oil in the same pan and throw in the garlic. Sauté it until fragrant and then increase the flame to medium-high.
- Then, add prepared rice and stir and toss to break up the rice for about two minutes.
- Now, drizzle in the remaining soy sauce and continue to fry for another two minutes.
- Finally, add cooked crabs to the pan and stir cook the rice for about 40 seconds to distribute the crab meat and let the flavors fuse.
- Then, throw in scrambled eggs, break up the eggs into small bits and toss quickly with the rice for five seconds.
- Now, sprinkle the green parts of scallions and black pepper.
- Give everything a good stir to combine and transfer to serving plates immediately.
- Serve the rice hot with some soy sauce on the side.
- If you want your crab rice fluffy, then use drier rice instead of gummy/mushy fried rice. All you need to do is add about 10% less water than usual to get drier and firmer rice.
- Before cooking them, taste your crab for saltiness. If the crab is salty, then adjust the amount of fish sauce.
Read More: Delicious and Easy To Prepare Fried Rice
Crab Fried Rice Recipe is one of the classiest and delicious Thai dishes due to its delicate flavors. Like all Thai dishes, this Crab Fried Rice perfectly blends all the delightful flavors into one dish. If you want to create a delicious meal quickly, try this amazing recipe!