Admit it: you have snuck a bite or even a scoop or two of raw cookie dough while baking a batch of your favorite cookies. We know that cookies fresh out of the oven taste fantastic, but so does that delicious spoonful of dough!
There’s just nothing like homemade, fresh cookie dough. We know that you can’t stop yourself from eating the dough itself! The delicious, toothsome, and gooey dough is as irresistible as the cookies made from it. So, here is an easy, scrumptious, and eggless cookie dough recipe that you can relish without feeling guilty!
Who Invented the Cookie Dough?
According to historians, cookie dough is derived from the creation of cookies that dates back as far as 7th century Persia. Back in that time, these doughs were used as test cakes. Persia was one of the first countries to use sugar and soon became popular for its luxurious cakes and pastries.
Easy and Delicious Edible Cookie Dough Recipes!
Ohh the delectable cookie dough! Who can say no to a spoon (we prefer a bowl full of!) of cookie dough? It is just sweet, nostalgic comfort food that is perfect in every way. Plus, you need not have to worry about any food-related illnesses here, because we have used heat-treated flour instead of eggs! So, scoop it away without worrying about allergies.
We know that many people fear eating raw eggs and flour. This is the reason why we have created this eggless cookie dough. Even though it is eggless and safe to eat, it still has the same sweet, doughy, gooey flavor you know and love. Customize it as per your liking as you add your favorite mix-ins like choco chips, M&Ms, sprinkles, or chopped nuts.
So, let’s see the easy and toothsome recipe for edible cookie dough!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Servings: 10 to 12 servings
- 2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c. light brown sugar
- 1 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. mix-ins of your liking
Method to Prepare
- First, add flour to a large bowl and slide it into the microwave. Microwave it on high in 30-seconds intervals, until the digital thermometer reads 165˚, for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Give it a good stir and then let it cool completely. See there are no small clumps.
- Now, take another bowl and add brown sugar and butter. Then, beat it with a hand mixer with a paddle attachment until creamy and well combined, about a couple of minutes.
- Add vanilla and milk and mix until everything is well combined.
- Now, take a small bowl and combine salt and the heat-treated flour.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in 2 to 3 batches. Mix thoroughly to combine between each addition.
- Add in your mix-ins with the mixer on low speed and your cookie dough is ready!
Serve it in a scoop or mix it with your favorite ice cream and enjoy this delectable cookie dough. You can even roll it in small balls and use them as fun toppings for your next cupcake party. Try it, put some in a bowl, drop down on the couch, and snack away this toothsome cookie dough!