Homemade churros coated in the sugar-cinnamon mix are the ultimate treat! This churro recipe is astonishingly easy and makes truly great churros that crisp outside and fluffy on the inside. Plus, the hot chocolate dipping sauce will greatly complement this easy dessert.
The best thing about churros is that they are great for making ahead, making them one of the best party desserts. You may have seen this popular recipe in many shows and movies; now, it is time for you to make churros at home.
How to Easily Make Churros at Home?
In every cuisine, you will find a fried dough recipe. For us, churros claim first place, just ahead of the delicious Youtiao Recipe. Many countries have introduced churros into their cuisine and given them their taste.
For instance, these churros are rolled in the cinnamon-sugar mix, like the Mexican version, and then served with chocolate dipping sauce, just like the Spanish version. These churros only take a few minutes to fry and still taste good hours later at room temperature – a perfect dessert for parties!
So, let’s see how you can make this recipe at home without difficulties.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2 serves
- 1 cup/240ml water
- 1 cup/125g all-purpose flour
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 tbsp sugar + 1/4 cup for coating
- Three eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Oil for frying
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 200g dark chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
Method to Prepare
- First, take a small saucepan.
- Add water, 2 tbsp sugar, salt, and butter to it.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then decrease the flame to low.
- Then, add flour and stir for a minute until the mixture forms a ball.
- Crack eggs, one at a time, beating until well incorporated after each addition.
- Fill this mixture into a pastry bag with a large open star tip.
- Now, heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Pipe strips of dough into the hot oil.
- Fry churros until golden brown and then drain on paper towels.
- Take a plate and combine ¼ cup sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Roll the churros into that powder.
- Now, let’s make the chocolate sauce.
- Add dark chocolate pieces to a medium-sized bowl.
- Heat heavy cream and then add it to the chocolate.
- Let it sit for a minute.
- Then, stir well until combined.
- Serve churros with this chocolate dip immediately.
- You can serve these churros with Oreo milkshake as it will give you the same texture but with a different and unique flavour.
- Add churros to your get-together’s dessert menu, and satisfy your guests’ and family members’ sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe.