Are you looking for something delicate and delicious dish to kick start your mornings? If yes, then you can always try this chocolate croissant recipe. It is easy, effortless, and can be made without wasting too much of your time!
The origin of croissants is very debatable as some were invented in France. But that was not the case at all! They were originally known as ‘Kipferl’ and can be dated back to at least the 13th century in Austria. They had various shapes and were made using nuts or other fillings back in the day.
Delectable Chocolate Croissant Recipe You Must Try!
This is the simplified version of the chocolate croissant recipe. We will be using puff pastry to make this delectable breakfast delicacy in less than 30 minutes! They will give you a great breakfast option and are perfect for a Sunday Brunch treat.
The reason why we are using puff pastry is simple. The traditional method of making croissant dough is fun only if you have loads of free time and know baking thoroughly! Everyone should try the traditional method at least once in their life, but not on a busy morning. This is the reason why we love this recipe so much!
Without any further ado, let’s jump to the Chocolate Croissants Recipe now!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 16 mini croissants
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- One Sheet of package Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips or small chocolate chunks
Method to Prepare
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat.
- Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork or whisk then set aside.
- Lightly flour your work surface. Unfold the pastry sheet then lightly dust the top with flour.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the sheet into a 16-inch square. Cut pastry square in half then cut each half into four rectangles
- Now, cut each rectangle diagonally into two triangles.
- Place about 2 teaspoons of the chocolate chips down the center of each triangle.
- Then, starting at the wider end, roll each triangle up. Place each croissant seam-side down so that the tip of the triangle is tucked under the rolled croissant.
- Then, bend in the edges, creating a crescent shape. Lightly brush tops of croissants with egg wash.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until they are golden brown.
Now, making croissants just got easier and effortless with this easy chocolate croissant recipe! These croissants are delicious, toothsome, and can be made in a jiffy. So, try them for your breakfast and kick-start your mornings with sweet flavors.