Winters demand something tantalizing and exotic when it comes to having meals. Soups are too typical and although they’re healthy, there are healthier options available that will not only satiate your demand for wholesome food but will also appease your tastebuds. So, We present you a Chili recipe is an excellent example of lip-smacking food that tastes excellent when consumed piping hot, especially in the winter.
Among the numerous chili recipes that you could find and perhaps already might be aware of, the chicken chili recipe is in a class of its own. It contains an amalgamation of wonderful spices that provides it with a dense yet soft texture that adds up to a mixed flavor that is utterly delicious.
Although cooking the chicken chili recipe requires little preparation, moderate effort, and a significant amount of time, you’ll be enjoying it later so much that it’ll all be admittedly worth the process.
Prep Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 110 minutes
Serving – 9 servings
- One kg Chicken pieces
- 900g Kidney Beans
- 850g diced Tomatoes
- 850g Tomato Puree
- Three chopped Onions
- Eight minced Garlic cloves
- Three tbsp Vegetable Oil
- One seeded & chopped Bell Pepper
- 35g Chili powder
- One tsp Cayenne Pepper
- One tsp Ground Cumin
Method to Prepare
- Begin by heating the vegetable oil over medium flame in a large dutch oven until it starts bubbling which is when you add the bell pepper, cumin, chili powder, onions, salt, and pepper.
- Stir it well but gently for the next five to ten minutes until the onions and bell pepper have become tender. Add garlic and again cook it for nearly a minute before you proceed to the next step.
- Add cleaned chicken pieces into the dutch oven and increase the heat up a notch but not too high. Mix the chicken thoroughly with the other ingredients so that their flavor is infused into the chicken pieces.
- Add tomato puree to the container followed by beans, tomato pieces, and half tsp salt to be stirred mildly before reducing the heat to then let it simmer for less than an hour with a closed lid.
- Take away the lid and let it simmer for another half hour to be seasoned with some more pepper but make sure that the ingredients don’t start burning at the base.
- Take away the heat to serve it piping hot with cream and cheese if required and don’t forget to add additional pepper and salt as per taste.
- Remove the lid and continue to simmer for an additional 45 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste before serving. Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream, if desired.
Calories – 352 k.cal
Carbohydrates – 35 g
Protein – 34 g
Fat – 12 g
Sodium – 830 mg
Sugar – 11 g
Tips to Enrich the Chicken Chili Recipe
- A slow cooker or a cooking pot could be used to make this recipe but it’ll require more time as well as affect the texture a bit. Consider cooking on high flame for a couple of hours while the lid is kept aside.
- You could choose to use other kinds of beans such as black or pinto beans but they’ll add less to the final texture of the chicken chili recipe and the white beans will break apart easily to be melded into the puree.
- Different types of cheese can be added such as garlic cheese, goat cheese, etc for a unique flavor.
- Storing the chicken chili requires keeping it in an airtight container and refrigerating it for a maximum of two or three days.
This chili recipe combined with chicken is one of the most delicious and taste buds tantalizing dishes you will ever try! So, if you are looking for something delicious and full of flavors for this summer – enjoy this chili recipe with tender pieces of chicken.