Imagine ordering a sandwich and you reading a bill of $150! Yes, we will also be frighteningly surprised by this too. How someone can charge you this amount of money for a basic dish such as a chicken sandwich.
The rates are true as some Five-star restaurants will charge you this much money just to buy a simple chicken sandwich. However, we are here to help you as usual with our delicious and cheap alternative!
However, let’s see why Five-star restaurants are charging this amount of money just for sandwiches.
Five Star Vs. Homemade Chicken Sandwich Ingredients’ Comparison!
So, you will be curious about how anyone can make a $150 sandwich. It is one of the most common and inexpensive food items and can be created by combining anything present in your fridge and edible.
Well, it is a Five-star restaurant recipe, and these restaurants will never fail to amaze you. Here is a comparison of some of the common ingredients you will find in both homemade and Five-star stuffed chicken sandwiches:-
|Name of Ingredient||5-star||At Home|
|Chicken||Organic Chicken Thighs||Skin-on, bone-in Chicken Breasts|
|Oil||Peanut oil||Vegetable oil|
|Buns||Hand made in the restaurant||Potato roll buns|
|For the Slaw||Daikon Radish, Distilled White Vinegar, carrots||Green Cabbage, Rice Vinegar, Sesame Oil|
So, without any further ado, let’s make this luxurious chicken sandwich at home!
Notes You Must Follow:-
- To get the desired Five-star chicken sandwich texture, de-bone, brine, double drench, and double fry the chicken breast.
- Make cabbage slaw using essential ingredients to enhance the taste of your chicken sandwich.
- Make a clear-cut incision while de-boning the chicken. Ensure that you leave the skin of the chicken breast on as it will give an extra layer of crunch.
- Instead of purchasing it from the market, this time, make one by yourself. Add whipped cream to a stand mixer and blend it until it peaks. Strain the buttermilk from the butter, add some salt, and slide it into the fridge. Your homemade butter is ready.
- Five-star restaurants use daikon radish to make the slaw. We will be using cabbage instead of daikon radish to make this slaw.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: one sandwich
- 2 pieces of Skin-on, bone-in chicken breast
- 300g all-purpose flour
- Bread crumbs
- Sandwich buns
- Homemade butter
- Vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- Soy sauce
- Rice Vinegar
For the Slaw
- Half cup cabbage, sliced
- Half small cucumber, round cut
- A small cup of soy sauce
- Half cup sugar
- Sesame oil, two tablespoons
- One tablespoon of garlic powder
- Salt, as per your taste
- Half cup mayonnaise
Method to Prepare
- De-bone the chicken breast carefully and set it aside.
- Let’s prepare brine now. Take a deep bottomed pan and add water, kosher salt, sugar, soy sauce, and rice vinegar.
- Now, put the chicken into the prepared brine and slide it into the fridge for at least an hour.
- Meanwhile, we will prepare the sauce for the slaw.
- Take a small mixing bowl and add soy sauce, sugar, garlic powder, and a pinch of salt to it. Finally, add some sesame oil and give it a good whisk.
- Wait for sugar and salt to dissolve.
- Once they are completely dissolved, add mayonnaise and give it a good whisk to incorporate thoroughly.
- Set it aside and add cabbage at the last minute to add crunchiness to your sandwich.
- While your slaw is getting ready, toast your buns with homemade butter.
- Add all-purpose flour to a dish. Then season it with some salt and black pepper.
- Now, crack eggs in another dish and season it with black pepper. In another dish, layer bread crumbs.
- First, put the chicken in all-purpose flour, give it an egg wash, and then roll it into the breadcrumbs.
- Ensure that you get as many breadcrumbs as you can.
- Meanwhile, pour oil into a deep pot and heat it.
- Once the oil is hot enough, fry your breadcrumb-coated chicken. Fry until golden.
- Now, we will assemble the sandwich.
- First, spread the soy mayonnaise on both the buns. Then, add your fried chicken.
- Add cabbage and cucumber to it and close it with the soy mayo bun.
- Your Five-star restaurant Chicken Sandwich is ready!
Must Check: Aloo Paratha – 5 Star VS. Homemade
Now, you need not spend hefty money buying expensive sandwiches from posh restaurants. This Chicken sandwich recipe will help you recreate this luxurious sandwich at home with cheap ingredients. So, try this recipe now and ooze your family and friends with this elegant yet affordable sandwich!