When it comes to Chicken Fried Rice, no one ever refuses to eat this cuisine anytime you offer it to them. Adding chicken and a lot of veggies is a great combination to enjoy this comfort Chinese food in an awesome variation. The whole family will love this healthy and hearty dish, which makes it one of the go-to dinners.
For chicken lovers, it is the perfect dish to enjoy chicken, vegetables, and brown rice, and add nutrients to your diet. Moreover, you can also involve your kids by allowing them to choose their favorite vegetables they want to eat.
Delicious Chicken Fried Rice
This Chicken fried rice recipe is quite easier to prepare and with the help of basic ingredients, you can cook this filling and flavorful dish. You can substitute the given vegetables with others of your choice or can even add more. The choice is all yours. No worries, if you want to add something else in place of chicken, just make it with shrimps. But, going it with chicken is completely a different taste to relish.
Now, let’s start making this chicken fried rice recipe and have a delighted lunch/dinner with your family.
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 boneless and skinless chicken breast and cut it into small cubes
- 2 cups of chopped zucchini
- 2 cups of chopped carrot
- 1 cup of chopped cabbage
- Half cup of peas
- Half cup of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of minced ginger
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- Half cup of chopped green onions
- Half teaspoon of salt or as per your taste
Method to Prepare:
- Take a large skillet and heat half tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium heat. Now, add red bell pepper and onion and cook them until they become crispier for nearly about 5-6 minutes. Next, transfer them to another bowl.
- In the same skillet, add another half tablespoon of oil in it and let it heat up a little. Now, add chicken breast pieces and stir them occasionally for about 5-6 minutes. Once it is done, transfer the cooked chicken in a bowl with vegetables.
- In the third step, add half teaspoon of oil again and heat it until it sparkles little. Now, add zucchini, carrot, cabbage, and peas, and stir all these veggies occasionally for around 2-3 minutes.
- After this, add chicken/vegetable broth (whatever you have) and cover the skillet with a lid for around 3-4 minutes or until all these veggies are tender. Once they are cooked, transfer them to a bowl of chicken.
- Now, take the remaining oil and pour it into the skillet. Add minced garlic and ginger and stir them continuously for 15-16 seconds. After this, add rice, all veggies, and chicken in a bowl, soy sauce, sesame oil, chopped green onions, and salt.
- Mix all ingredients well and cook them for about 5-6 minutes.
- Now, your chicken fried rice is ready to serve.
- Calories: 360cal
- Fat: 14.4g
- Carbohydrates: 41.8g
- Protein: 16.3g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
So, don’t forget to try this easy Chicken fried rice recipe this weekend or any time you want and add the nutrition to your meal. The ingredients in this recipe sound quite delish and if you add more garlic and ginger, it brings out great flavor. If you tried it once, you will definitely make this again.