Are you fond of chicken biryani? Do you never miss savoring chicken biryani at the parties? So, why not make it at your home and get the real taste of this truly amazing and delicious layers of rice and chicken full of spices?
Chicken Biryani, one of the most delicious and spices-rich cuisines, has been introduced to Indians by the Mughals. Since then, it has become the most popular royal cuisine to enjoy or various special occasions, such as weddings, parties, and even on Ramadan.
No doubt, preparing a chicken biryani recipe in a traditional way consumes a lot of time, nearly 2-3 hours. But, getting the perfect taste of this classic Indian layered rice dish cannot be compared with the ordinary method of cooking non-veg biryani. Moreover, to make it more tasteful, you can enjoy it with Indian raita or a simple yogurt.
Why wait for more? Here is the step by step chicken biryani recipe for you!
Chicken Biryani Recipe
Let’s start cooking this chicken biryani recipe by using the given ingredients and preparation steps.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 3 hours
- Servings: 8
Ingredients buy cenforce 200 online :
- 1 cup of yogurt
- Salt as per the taste
- 2 teaspoons of Kashmiri chili powder
- Half teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 kg skinless chicken thighs
- 1 and a half cup of vegetable oil
- 2-3 thinly sliced onions
- 2 cups of basmati rice
- 8-10 cloves
- 8-10 green cardamom pods
- 3 -4 bay leaves
- 12-15 whole black peppercorns
- 2 pinches of saffron
- Half cup of milk
- Half cinnamon stick
- 1-2 teaspoons of cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 5-6 grated garlic cloves
- 3 chopped tomatoes
- Half cup of cilantro leaves
- Half cup of mint leaves
Method to Prepare:
- Take a large bowl and add yogurt, 2-3 tablespoons of salt, chili powder, and turmeric. Add all these ingredients well.
- Now, add chicken and coat this yogurt mixture all over it. Let it sit for around 1 hour at room temperature. Or, you can keep it in the refrigerator for 2 days to marinate the chicken.
- Take a large deep saucepan and heat the oil. Now, fry the sliced onions until they turn golden brown. Take them out in a bowl and keep aside.
- Once it is done, wash the rice in a bowl of normal water until you get the clear water.
- Take a large pot in which you can easily cook the rice. Add rice, 2 tablespoons of salt, 4 cloves, 4 cardamom pods, 1 bay leaf, 12-15 whole peppercorns and sufficient water to cook the rice on a medium to high heat. You need to cook for just 5-6 minutes. Here, you need to keep in mind that rice must not be cooked completely, otherwise, they become sticky.
- Now, drain the rice and spices in a bowl.
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F.
- Mix saffron and milk in a small bowl properly.
- Take a large Dutch pan or a large deep saucepan. Heat 3-4 tablespoons of oil in it and add a cinnamon stick, cumin seeds, cloves, cardamom pods, and the remaining bay leaves, Stir them frequently for around 1 minute. Now, add grated ginger and garlic and stir them for another 1 minute. After this, add tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of salt, and stir occasionally until this mixture starts to leave oil, something around 5-6 minutes. You can also add half a cup of water and boil the tomato mixture to let it cook perfectly.
- Now, put the layer of chicken on the top of this tomato mixture and sprinkle half of the fried onion over the chicken layer. The next layer is cooked rice and spices. Then, sprinkle the saffron and milk mixture on top of the rice layer.
- Cover the pan or saucepan and bake it for 30-40 minutes until the rice becomes soft and the chicken is completely cooked.
- Now, transfer the chicken biryani in a large serving bowl/dish and garnish it with the remaining fried onions, cilantro leaves, and mint leaves.
- Kashmiri chili powder is used to add spiciness and that flavored richness to the recipe. If you don’t have Kashmiri chili powder, you can use hot paprika instead of it.
- You can also sprinkle the ghee over the layer of rice for that more authentic taste.
If you have ever tried making chicken biryani before, we are sure this recipe will come out to be the best non-veg biryani you have ever prepared or eaten. No doubt, this chicken biryani recipe takes some cooking time, but it is really worth spending your precious time in the kitchen to prepare a delicious full meal for your family or guests.