You might have eaten vegetarian kebab prepared in different ways on many occasions. But, for those who love chicken, kebabs made with chicken is like heaven. They do not like to miss any chance to enjoy chicken in different cuisines, whether it is rice, curry, snacks, or anything. But when it comes to Chicken Banjara Kebab recipe, you will surely appreciate this special kind of kebab.
Chicken Banjara Kebab is a spicy kebab recipe as compared to other ordinary chicken kebabs, all because of the lots of spices used in its preparation. Boneless chicken, when coated with the mixture of yogurt and spices makes this appetizer more tasteful and flavorful. Thus, will make you feel like why you have not got this Chicken Banjara Kebab recipe before.
Being one of the most flavorful and spicy chicken kebab recipes, you can serve this as a starter or a side dish at any party at your home. You will really get a lot of appreciation for this great recipe. What will make it more presentable and delighted is the fresh green salad and lemon served with these kebabs.
As it’s Ramadan month, do try this Chicken Banjara Kebab recipe at home and enjoy iftar feast with your family.
Chicken Banjara Kebab Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 500-700 grams of boneless chicken breast
- 1 large onion, cut into cubes
- 1 capsicum, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of ginger and garlic paste
- 8-10 green chilies paste
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- Half teaspoon of sesame seeds
- Half teaspoon of mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of tandoori masala powder (optional but it would be good if you have)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of chopped mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Salt as per the taste
Method to Prepare:
- First of all, you have to clean the chicken breast properly and cut it into equal size pieces. Make sure that these pieces should not be too small.
- Take a large bowl and add the pieces of chicken breast. Sprinkle salt, lemon juice, and red chili powder and mix all spices well all over the pieces. Keep the bowl aside to marinate, for nearly 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take a saucepan and roast cumin seeds, sesame seeds, and mustard seeds. Once they cool perfectly, grind them in a food grinder to make a fine powder.
- In a small bowl, add yogurt, seeds powder, ginger and garlic paste, green chilies paste, coriander powder, tandoori masala powder, chopped cilantro, and mint leaves, and combine all ingredients well.
- Now, add this yogurt mixture in a bowl having chicken breast pieces. Make sure to mix everything thoroughly and cover it.
- Now, let it sit in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take skewers and grease them with oil. Start arranging chicken pieces onto the skewers one by one. Arrange 1-1 pieces of onion and capsicum in between each chicken piece.
- Now, place these skewers in the oven and grill them for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken turns brown. You can check the softness of chicken using a knife or fork.
- Once they are done, serve them hot with green chutney.
- You can make a dip for this Chicken Banjara Kebab recipe by mixing one tablespoon of curd in coriander or mint chutney.
- The pieces of chicken can be cut into your desired size.
- For a good presentation, you can garnish these kebabs with fresh cilantro leaves.
Do make sure to prepare this Chicken Banjara Kebab recipe this weekend or if the birthday of any of your family members is arriving in the next few days. Surprise your family or guests with this new appetizer full of spices and flavors.