We have all tried cheese fondue in restaurants and always wanted to make that at home. It is now easy to make the same restaurant-style cheese fondue with our delicious and effortless recipe. This recipe will provide you with an ooey, gooey, melted cheese to dip your toasted bread and veggies into.
This cheese fondue is made by melting cheese and making a cheese dip! Usually, Emmenthaler and Gruyere cheese are melted and then drizzled with white wine. Pour this melted cheese into a small bowl and dip the blanched veggies like broccoli and baby corn and enjoy the cheesiness in every bite!
Delicious and Easy Cheese Fondue Recipe!
It is a classic appetizer recipe perfect for any gathering at any time and season of the year. The best thing about this recipe is that it is very effortless to make. This recipe is a rich combination of two of the best cheeses melted into white wine.
If you are not a fan of these two kinds of cheese, you can go with blue cheese or another soft melt-able cheese to get a different flavor profile. This is a perfect dish to put together when guests arrive unexpectedly at your home.
So, let’s see how you can make this party-stopper dish right at your home!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Servings: 3 cups
- 100 Gram Swiss-style cheese such as Emmenthaler, shredded
- 100 Gram Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Dry mustard
- A pinch of nutmeg, grated
- 1 Broccoli, chopped
- 6 Baby Corn, chopped
- A day-old French bread, cubed
Method to Prepare
- Take a bowl and combine cornstarch and shredded cheese. Slide the bowl into the fridge.
- Meanwhile, chop broccoli and baby corn and blanch them in hot water. After that, transfer the chopped veggies into ice water.
- Now, add the wine and lemon juice to the pot and simmer on medium flame.
- Gradually, stir the cheese into the wine.
- You have to ensure that the mixture does not boil. Cook the cheese until it just melts and becomes creamy.
- Once the mixture reaches desired smoothness, add the grain mustard and grated nutmeg.
- Then, transfer this cheese mixture into the fondue serving pot and set it over low heat to keep it warm.
- If you are using a thin-bottomed pot, you can use a candle to warm it.
- Your fondue is ready; serve it with toasted bread and chopped veggies, and enjoy!
Suppose you arrange a party and are looking for an easy appetizer recipe, then try this cheese fondue. Additionally, this is the best way to add veggies to your kids’ diet. This recipe is easy to make and a crowd-pleasing dish. So, try this recipe and make your party flavorful!