If you have run out of appetizers for your party and want to try something new then this cheese and pepper cornbread is just the recipe you’re looking for!
You can make this recipe very promptly and easily and the taste is quite unmatchable!
Delicious Cheese & Pepper Cornbread
With this dish, you are going to get a sweet and sour devil that will surely fill your mouth with flavors and you’ll be in love with this delicious and tasty recipe. With very few ingredients needed, you can make this delightful recipe just before your party and surprise your guests with your culinary skills!
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Servings: makes 1 loaf
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil, more for the pan
- 2-ounces of cheddar cheese, cut in small pieces
- ½ cup fire-roasted red pepper, cut in medium diced
Method to Prepare:
- Preheat your oven on 400 degrees F with using a cast iron frying pan in the oven.
- Take a medium bowl and combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Now, take a small bowl and combine eggs, milk, sour cream, and vegetable oil and whisk well to combine.
- Get the pan out of the oven and add 1 tablespoon of oil and swirl it to coat the pan and again put it back into the oven.
- Now, add the wet ingredients into the dry ones and mix them. You’ll see some lumps, but don’t worry, it is okay.
- Add cheddar and pepper into it and stir to distribute them.
- Once again get the pan out of the oven and pour the cornbread batter on to the pan and return it into the oven.
- Bake it at 400 degrees until the inserted toothpick comes out of clean, for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and it is up to you; if you want to serve it cool then let it cool on a rack or just cut the loaf and serve it hot and tasty!
If you are looking for a delicious and flavorful party appetizer then look no forward than this delightful Cheese and Pepper Cornbread! A perfect combination of the sweetness of sugar and sourness of cream with the hint of spiciness due to smoked red pepper, you and you’re guests gonna love this amazing and delicious cornbread!