Have you ever tried mashed potatoes with lots of cheese at the top? Are you looking for a simple and tasty side dish that can be prepared with potatoes? Then you must try this wonderful dish Chantilly Potatoes Recipe which is made out of one smart ingredient potato.
Golden, cheesy and soft, this Chantilly potatoes recipe is absolutely delicious and simple to prepare. The fluffier and creamier potatoes are something that gives you the ultimate choice to enjoy the mouth-melting dish. No matter what kind of cheese you have at your home, you can use any of them.
The recipe, which is made with just three ingredients, makes these potatoes quite different from those greasy and gloppy potato dishes. The simplicity of the Chantilly potato recipe can make it a perfect side dish or you can also enjoy it as one of the dinner recipes with other dishes. It is the perfect complement to the whole meal.
So, be ready to cook this dairy-rich recipe using the given ingredients and step by step procedure.
Delicious Chantilly Potatoes Recipe
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- 6-7 tablespoons of butter, unsalted
- 5-6 cups of potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- Half cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Half cup of milk
- 1 cup of heavy cream
Method to Prepare:
- Take butter and cut it into 12 pieces and keep in at room temperature for some time so that it softens.
- Take a baking dish and coat it with some butter and preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, take potatoes and peeled and cut them into cubes, about 1-inch size. Take a large saucepan and add potatoes and salt in it. After this, add enough water in the saucepan that can cover the potatoes by at least one inch. Bring them to boil over a medium to high heat. After 4-5 minutes, simmer the heat and boil them until potatoes become soft, or about 10-12 minutes. You can check the tenderness by piercing a sharp knife into the potatoes. Once they are done, drain them and let them cool.
- Now, take a large bowl and place the boiled and mashed potatoes in it. Add butter and a half cup of milk in a bowl and mix all ingredients well until everything is combined.
- Pour heavy cream in a bowl and whisk it using a hand mixer or stand mixer on medium speed for around 3-4 minutes.
- Now, add this whisked cream in a bowl of potatoes and combine them properly.
- Now, transfer the potatoes and cream mixture into the baking dish and sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over the potatoes.
- Bake potatoes until the cheese turns light brown or for around 20-25 minutes.
- Once prepared, let it rest for 5 minutes and serve warm.
To save your precious time, you can boil potatoes and keep in the refrigerator to use them anytime you feel like making this Chantilly Potatoes Recipe.
- Calories: 325cal
- Fat: 22.1g
- Carbohydrates: 26.6g
- Protein: 6.6g
- Fiber: 3.1g
If you are looking for a simple and easy recipe for dinner, you can prepare Chantilly Potatoes Recipe and can add more cheese as per your choice. To make it a whole meal, get some healthy salad ready, and enjoy it with cheesy potatoes. Moreover, you can also serve it as a side dish.