Are you craving something tangy and flavorsome? If yes, then this chana chaat recipe is perfect for you. This Indian snack recipe will give you tasty, tangy, and lip-smacking chaat along with natural protien!
We all know that chana is the ultimate source of protein. Serve it with refreshing iced tea, and you have a combination that will boost your health amazingly!
Plus, this chana chaat is not mundane at all as it is sweet, sour, tasty, healthy, protein-packed, tummy-filling, and yummy-licious. If you have leftover boiled chana in your fridge, it will take less than 5 minutes to assemble this taste bud tantalizing chaat!
How to make Chana Chaat?
While salad is a simple and sober snack option, a chaat will present you with a dish bursting with flavors and tastes. This chana chaat recipe is full of salty, sour, and spicy tastes, along with melt-in-mouth potatoes, protein-rich chana, crunchy onions, tangy tomatoes, and aromatic spices!
You may get bored of eating salads. When this happens, try this simple chana chaat recipe. The addition of green chilis, black salt, chaat masala, and tamarind chutney twists its taste. You can also stir in some fresh curd to enhance its taste.
Plus, it is amazingly versatile as you can also extend it by adding sprouts along with other veggies to prepare healthier chana chaat. So, gather your ingredients and prepare this delicious and healthy chana chaat recipe!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Servings: 2 serves
- 2 cup kala chana
- ½ tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder/jeera powder
- 1 tsp green chutney/hari chutney
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- 2 tbsp tamarind chutney/imli chutney
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp tomato (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp potato/aloo (boiled & cubed)
- 2 tbsp cucumber (finely chopped)
- 1 green chili (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp sev (fine)
- 1 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
Method to Prepare
- Firstly, take a large mixing bowl and add 2 cups of soaked and boiled chana to it.
- Then, add chili powder, cumin powder, chaat masala, tamarind chutney, green chutney, and salt.
- Then, chopped onion, tomato, potato, cucumber, and green chillies.
- Give it a good mix.
- Transfer it to a serving plate.
- Just before serving, top with sev and coriander leaves.
- Serve it and enjoy!
Here, we have shared the simplest and most delicious way to make chana chaat with pantry staples. Whipping up this chaat is easier and can be done in just 5 minutes. So, whenever you feel hungry and don’t want to eat unhealthy snacks, then feast on this delicious recipe!