When you are having sweet cravings and don’t want to eat something unhealthy then you can always rely on this healthy yet delicious carrot cake recipe! It is amazingly tasty and worth every calorie.
This magnificent dessert will not only satiate your sweet cravings but also provide you with the goodness of carrots. Hence, it is not just reasonably satisfying but somewhat healthy too. The carrots are super healthy and carrots are full of fiber.
Carrots are an excellent source of vitamin A that will keep your eyes healthy and it also possesses several B vitamins and vitamin K. These amazing qualities of carrot made me go for this dessert and believe us; you will not regret your decision to take them on for a sweet dish!
This carrot cake recipe is deeply moist and filled with toasted pecans and most of the flavor comes from using cinnamon, brown sugar, ginger, and carrots. You may wonder; why do you need to add ginger in a dessert? Well, read me out, ginger will take its taste to the dazzling height.
The cake may seem dense but when you put your fork through the cake, then and then you’ll realize how velvety and fluffy this cake is! An easy-to-make recipe and even easy to make it disappear, this rich and luscious cake deserve a try.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Freezing: for at least 3 hours
Servings: 10 to 12 slices
- 2 cups of carrots, grated
- 2 cups of pecans, chopped
- 1 ½ cup of packed brown sugar
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Salt, as per taste
- 1 ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
For Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 16-ounces of full-fat block cream cheese softened the room temperature
- ½ cup of unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 4 ½ cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of heavy cream or milk
- 1 ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
Method to Prepare:
- First of all, we will be making the cake: the oven will need preheating so you preheat it at 300° F.
- Take a large baking sheet with parchment paper and toast the pecans on it and roast them for 7 to 8 minutes roughly. Remove them and let them cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Raise the temperature to 350° F.
- Take a large bowl and whisk together brown sugar, granulated sugar, oil, eggs, applesauce, and vanilla and stir until there are no lumps present in the mixture.
- Take another bowl and add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, a hint of ginger, together.
- Pour the mixture into the dry ingredients and fold them together with the help of a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Lastly, whisk in carrots and 1 cup of pecans inside this mixture.
- Now, pour batter into cake pans and slide them into the oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and butter in another bowl with a stand mixer, for around 2 minutes.
- Add in powdered sugar, cream or milk, vanilla extract. Again beat on a low speed for 30 seconds and gradually increase speed and beat it for 3 more minutes.
- Lastly, let’s assemble the cake with frosting: take a large serrated knife or cake leveler and layer all the cake to make a flat surface.
- Place 1st cake on your serving plate then evenly cover it with the frosting. Top the 2nd layer and cover it with the frosting and do the same for the 3rd cake.
- Decorate the cake with the remaining toasted pecans and make sure you freeze the cake for at least 2 hours before cutting.
- Serve this palatable dessert to your family and enjoy it!
This carrot cake recipe will make you go wild on this dessert! This appetizing sweet dish will become the dream dessert for every member of your family. So, get your dining table ready to enjoy the aromatic fragrance of this amazingly delicious carrot cake!