Are you a big fan of chocolate cookies? Have you ever tried sweet and salty chocolate cookies? No doubt chocolate cookies are the best thing on this planet, but you can make them better using different ways. So let’s make delicious chocolate chip caramel pretzel cookies delicious combination of sweet caramel bits and salty pretzels.
These caramel pretzel cookies are a wonderful combination of sweet and salt, thus making it one of the great cookie recipes of all time. These cookies are filled with chocolate chips and pretzels with caramel in the middle of the cookies and a little sea salt at the top. These are thick, chewy, and delicious cookies that can be enjoyed at breakfast or during snack time.
The combination of sweet and salty is something that will be loved by everyone. Even your kids will love to have these cookies in their lunch boxes. Also, if they eat one, they will definitely not stop at just one, so, be ready with more caramel pretzel cookies in your hands.
Chocolate Salted Caramel Pretzel Cookies
A little crunchiness, sweetness, and salty flavor are enough to be loved with these delicious caramel pretzel cookies. So, it would not be a good idea to waste more time, let’s get all the ingredients and start making these yummy cookies.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 30 cookies
- 1 cup of butter (unsalted and 2 sticks)
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- Half cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 and a half cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Half teaspoon of salt
- 1 and a half cups of milk chocolate chips
- 1 and a half cups of chopped pretzels
- 15 soft caramels and cut them into halves
- 1 tablespoon of coarse sea salt
Method to Prepare:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- If you are taking butter slices and add them in a large mixing bowl and beat it using a stand mixer until it becomes smooth.
- Now, add brown sugar and white sugar in a bowl and beat these sugars with butter for nearly 1-2 minutes or until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Next, you have to add 2 eggs and vanilla extract and again beat the mixture until both these ingredients mix well.
- After this, add flour, corn starch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix all these ingredients on low speed using the stand mixer until they combine well in the mixture.
- Now, add chocolate chips and chopped pretzels and mix them in the prepared batter.
- In the next step, you have to take caramels. If you are using big caramels, cut them into halves and if they are smaller, you can use them as they are and keep them aside.
- Now, take 2-2 tablespoons of the batter and pour them on the flat surface. Now, press this dough to the flat and put one caramel piece in the middle of it. Then, cover the caramel with the cookie dough by rolling the dough from all sides.
- Take a cookie sheet with parchment paper on it. Now, place these rolled cookies on this sheet at some distance from each other. There would be around 9 cookies per sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet into the oven and bake the cookies for around 10-12 minutes or until the cookies turn golden from top and bottom.
- Once they are done, sprinkle sea salt on the top of the cookies and let them sit on the sheet for around 5 minutes.
- Transfer them on the dish and enjoy these delicious Caramel Pretzel Cookies warm.
You can store the leftover cookies in an airtight container or ziplock bag for 3-4 days and enjoy them whenever you want.
- Calories: 219kcal
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Protein: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
These caramel pretzel cookies are crispy from the edges and chewy at the center, along with giving buttery, chocolaty and salty taste to make your day. Moreover, once made you can enjoy them for 3-4 days. So, try them today and give a different turn to the ordinary chocolate chips cookies that you always baked.