If you love buttermilk and want to add it in your recipe then this dish is just made for you! A perfect combination of your favorite drink and your most loved vegetable and boom! You have a delicious and amazing recipe on your dining table.
Buttermilk is high in protein and low in fat and if you looking to go for a diet then you should add this recipe as it will help your metabolism and will make your tummy full. Make sure you leave the potato skin on as it will give you fiber and a much-needed flavor in the recipe.
The sour cream and buttermilk give it a tangy and amazing flavor and you are going to love the sensation it brings to your taste buds. Get your culinary station ready and make one hell of a buttermilk recipe that will be loved by your whole family!
Buttermilk Potato Salad
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 8 serves
- 3 pounds of small red potatoes
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon of crème Fraiche or sour cream
- ½ cup of low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons of prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons of coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup of dill springs
- ¼ cup of finely chopped chives
Method to Prepare:
- Take a quarter-pot and cover the potatoes with water by 1 ½ inch and bring them to a boil.
- After 20 minutes, reduce the heat and simmer the potato until it is easily pierced easily with the tip of a knife.
- Drain and let them cool and cut potatoes into halves or quarters in large.
- Take a large bowl and stir in potatoes, crème Fraiche, buttermilk, horseradish, salt, and pepper.
- Gradually stir in all the herbs to give this recipe a much-needed flavor and enjoy this dish with your family and friends!
If you look to add some healthy food in your diet and want to cut on fats then you should definitely try this Buttermilk Potato Salad as it is tummy-feeling, it is delicious, it is easy to make and the most important thing it will be loved by your family and friends!