Are you looking for a lip-smacking recipe that you can whip in just 10 minutes? If yes, then you must try this dish. This Buffalo Chicken Recipe is a fun, delicious, anytime dinner recipe that you can make with just a handful of simple ingredients. Gather everyday, staple ingredients, and you will be able to cook this juicy, tender, and spicy chicken delicacy in no time!
Talking about the history of this recipe, deep-fried chicken has been a long-time staple recipe of Southern cooking. However, the concept of cooking chicken in the peppery hot sauce was invented in 1964 at the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, New York. Usually, chicken wings are used in this recipe, but you can also use chicken breast for better taste and texture.
Hot and Spicy Buffalo Chicken Recipe You Can’t Miss!
You will just love having this tender, juicy, and spicy buffalo chicken on hand! The best thing is that you can customize the heat. So a win-win situation for everyone. With the help of this recipe, you will be able to make a fabulous buffalo chicken, which will have all the grilling-smoking deliciousness infused in it.
Plus, you need not have to go on a shopping spree! Simple ingredients like chicken breast, hot sauce, butter, honey, and garlic are enough to make this succulent recipe. You can enjoy this chicken plain, or by tossing in your favorite salad, baking it in pasta, using it on a pizza, or wrapping it in a tortilla along with crunchy veggies and healthy greens.
Mouthwatering, right? Well, let’s see how you can make this delicious and spicy hot chicken buffalo along with the buffalo marinade and glaze at home!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4 serves
- 2-3 chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup hot wings sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Reserved marinade
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 ½ teaspoon lime juice
Method to Prepare
- Take a medium-sized bowl and add all the ingredients listed under the buffalo marinade section.
- Take out ¼ cup of marinade and add it to a shallow dish or freezer bag, along with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add chicken to it and toss well to evenly coat. Slide the marinated chicken into the fridge for a couple of hours up to overnight marination.
- We will use the remaining marinade to make the buffalo glaze.
- Add the marinade to a small bowl. Whisk one tablespoon of honey and 1 ½ teaspoon of lime juice into it. Slide it into the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Now, let’s cook the marinated chicken. Take it out of the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for at least 15 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high flame.
- Once the skillet is very hot, add chicken and cook it undisturbed for 3 to 5 minutes, until nicely browned on one side.
- Turn the chicken over, cover the skillet, and reduce the flame to medium.
- Cook it for approx. for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Brush chicken with a generous amount of glaze. For more heat, more glaze, and vice versa.
- Let the chicken sit at room temperature for at least half an hour, if time allows.
- Meanwhile, grease and preheat the grill at 375-450°F.
- Place the glazed chicken and grill it undisturbed for 5 to 7 minutes per side, until it is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the grill, transfer it to the chopping board and let it rest for around five minutes.
- If you are using it for sandwiches, tacos, or wraps, then slice it.
- Brush it once again with the glaze. Serve it hot and enjoy!
This Buffalo Chicken Recipe is so juicy and flavorful that everyone will like it. The recipe is effortless to make as you can easily make the marinade and glaze at your home without any special ingredients. This recipe is a meal by itself as you can transform any salad, sandwich, wrap, or taco by adding this flavor-bursting chicken into it. So, make this at home and enjoy the lip-smacking buffalo chicken!