Learn how to prepare the real ‘OG’ of sandwiches – the tasty and spicy Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Recipe is a real treat to your taste buds! This sandwich is so easy to make that it is considered one of the best last-minute meals!
This sandwich is infused with myriads of flavors and is considered a healthy alternative to the unhealthy fast-food version!
Savory Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Recipe
Some day, your mind will be crazily craving something delicious and crunchy! One recipe will come to mind that won’t leave your mind, no matter how hard you try. This Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Recipe is a direct result of that.
Top the patty with the ever-delicious gorgonzola slaw, and you have the perfect breakfast recipe you can try! Make this slaw beforehand and let it freeze for a couple of hours. That will infuse a lot of flavors and texture into the slaw.
Buns roasted in salty butter with gorgonzola slaw on top of the saucy, slightly spicy grilled chicken, and a drizzle of little blue cheese sauce – this is what heaven would look like!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 sandwiches
- 4 to 6 thin-sliced chicken breasts
- One teaspoon smoked paprika
- One teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup hot sauce
- Three tablespoons unsalted butter
- brioche buns, for serving
- ranch or blue cheese dressing,
For Gorgonzola Slaw:
- 2 cups chopped green or savoy cabbage
- One large carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 4 ounces crumbled gorgonzola cheese,
- Three tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- Two tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- One tablespoon olive oil,
- salt and pepper
Method to Prepare
- First, let’s make the gorgonzola slaw.
- Take a large bowl and add shredded cabbage and carrots into it. In a small bowl, add cheese, yogurt, lime juice, and olive oil.
- Now, pour this mixture over the cabbage and carrots and toss thoroughly.
- Sprinkle a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, preheat your grill to the highest setting.
- Now, season the chicken breasts with a pinch of salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and garlic powder for the chicken.
- Take a small saucepan and heat it over a medium flame. Throw in the hot sauce and butter in it. Cook until the butter melts, while stirring.
- Now, place the seasoned chicken on the grill.
- Grill it for around 5 minutes and then flip. Grill another side for 4 minutes or more.
- Brush the chicken with the prepared buffalo wing sauce. Flip it again, brush the second side, and grill it for one more minute.
- Once the chicken is done, remove it from the grill and brush the buffalo sauce.
- To serve, roast the buns in a pan with butter. Place them in the serving dish. Add some blue cheese dressing or ranch to the bottom of the bun.
- Add the juicy chicken breast. Now, top the chicken breast with the prepared gorgonzola slaw.
- Eat immediately and enjoy!
This Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Recipe is a healthier take on the peoples’ favorite game-day snack. Baste the chicken breast with the hot sauce to infuse the meat with spicy goodness, and top each breast with the gorgonzola slaw to balance out the heat.