Are you looking for a breakfast dish that is delicious to eat and effortless to make? If yes, then you are just going to love the breakfast sausage recipe. Not only do these sausages taste better, but you will also know exactly what’s in them! You will have full control over the quality of the ingredients you are going to use.
This recipe is a traditional American “Farmer” or “Country” breakfast recipe that originated to help farmers use as much of their livestock as possible. Here the meat is ground, seasoned, and later consumed by the farmer as an inexpensive, protein-rich morning meal!
How to Make Breakfast Sausage in a Flavorful Way?
This recipe is the perfect combination of savory and spice mixed into ground pork. Another special thing about this recipe is that it is casing free, can be even shaped like patties, and you can also cook it in only one pan to avoid too much cleaning up!
If you are not an expert sausage-maker, you need not worry! You can also shape them into patties and enjoy them. All you need is to combine a few spices and just ground pork to create these simply delicious pork breakfast sausages.
Plus, this recipe is completely freezer-friendly and gives you an amazingly healthy and pure breakfast recipe down the road. So, let’s see how you can make these delicious American breakfast sausages at home!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Servings: 6 sausages
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds crushed
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon thyme leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon rosemary crushed
- ½ teaspoon dried ground sage
- ⅛ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Method to Prepare
- Take a medium-sized bowl and combine pork with all seasonings. Mix it very well.
- Slide it into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Divide the meat and create ½-inch thick sausages.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sausages to the pan. You can pat a little bit of butter if you like.
- Cook the sausages for about 4 minutes per side until lightly browned.
- Serve it warm with scrambled eggs, and enjoy!
Must Check: Black Pudding Recipe: A Scottish Breakfast Recipe!
You can cook this recipe for guests or can make it for a lazy Sunday morning breakfast or on busy weekdays. The versatility of this recipe is just crazy, and so is its taste. Just combine the aromatic spices with tender minced pork to cook one of the most effortless and delicious meals!