Want to eliminate bread from your breakfast? If yes, we have one of the healthiest and most delicious recipes for you! Try this breadless sandwich recipe made from Rava(semolina/suji) and different veggies.
It is one of the most ideal and healthiest sandwiches for people who want to lose weight and eliminate bread from their diet. We use chopped and diced vegetables to fill, which makes it even more healthy and tummy-filling!
Delicious and Healthy Breadless Sandwich Recipe!
We feel blessed when we see sandwiches for breakfast! However, even if we stuff the slices of bread with healthy veggies, these sandwiches can still be harmful due to cheese and mayonnaise. So, if you are on a mission to lose weight, you can add this breadless sandwich recipe to your diet without any worry.
Are you worried about the creaminess of your sandwich? However, you need not worry because this recipe will provide a creamy and luscious texture and taste. Plus, you can eat as many as you want because they are made without bread!
Using Bombay rava or medium-sized rava is highly recommended. Avoid using bansi/stale rava or fine-sized rava that may not hold together and may not shape while toasted in a sandwich toaster.
Now, let’s see how you can make this healthy and delectable breadless sandwich at home!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 6 sandwiches
- 1 cup rava / suji (coarse)
- ½ cup curd
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup water
- ½ carrot (finely chopped)
- ½ onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp sweet corn
- ½ capsicum (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp Eno fruit salt
- butter (for greasing)
- One cheese slice
Method to Prepare
- First, take a large bowl and add 1 cup of rava (semolina), ½ cup of curd, one teaspoon of chili flakes, and ½ teaspoon of salt. Give it a good mix to combine everything.
- Then, pour ½ cup of water and once again combine well.
- Now, add the ½ carrot, onion, capsicum, two tablespoons of corn, and one tablespoon of coriander.
- Give it a good mix to form a thick batter. Let it rest for at least 10 minutes, so the rava absorbs the water.
- Then, add another ¼ cup of water and mix well. This will give you a smooth batter.
- Meanwhile, grease the sandwich maker with butter.
- Before you start preparing the sandwich, add ½ teaspoon of Eno fruit salt and give it a gentle mix. Do not let the batter rest after you add Eno.
- Once the batter is bubbly, take a huge tablespoon and pour it into the sandwich maker.
- Slide a cheese slice. Ensure that the cheese slice is the same size as the sandwich.
- Cover the cheese slice with batter and close the lid of the sandwich maker tightly.
- Grill until the sandwich is ready and has a golden brown color. It will be cooked uniformly after around 15 minutes.
- Take out of the sandwich maker, serve it with tomato ketchup, and enjoy this breadless sandwich!
We can prepare sandwiches in a jiffy if we have bread! However, this no Bread Sandwich is an easy breakfast and a snack recipe for all as we can prepare it very quickly even if you don’t have bread with you. So, try this recipe and enjoy a healthy, breadless breakfast with your family.