If you have ever tried chocolate muffin recipes or any other muffins, you will definitely love to try this blueberry muffins recipe. Muffins are one of the favorite dessert or snack options for almost all people, even kids love to have them.
Muffins are not only easy to make and delicious to eat, but they also have endless flavors as well. So, here we are going to make blueberry muffins. You will appreciate a fresh batch of blueberry muffin recipes and your family will ask you to serve them in the breakfast and even when they crave something sweet.
When it comes to the endless varieties of muffins, this blueberry muffin recipe steals the show by holding the crow. Once tried, nothing would be better than the taste and flavor of blueberry muffins. You can add extra blueberries to get the real taste of the fruit in this wonderful recipe.
With the help of just a few ingredients, you can make muffins for your whole family. You can serve them as a snack option at your home party. Even your friends will ask you for the recipe for these big-topped muffins.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 10-12 standard muffins
- One and a half cups of all-purpose flour
- Three-fourth cup of granulated sugar
- Additional 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar for muffin tops
- 2-3 pinches of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- One-third cup of flavored oil
- 1 egg
- Half cup of milk
- One and a half teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 6-8 ounces of fresh or frozen blueberries
Method to Prepare:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- To make big-topped muffins, you have to take 8-10 standard-sized muffin cups and line them with paper liners. If you want to make standard-size muffins, you have to line paper liners in the 10 muffin cups. The choice is all yours.
- Fill the remaining cups with 1-2 tablespoons of water so that the muffins can be baked evenly.
- Now, to make a batter, take a large bowl and add all-purpose flour, three-fourth cup of granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix all these ingredients well.
- Then, take a medium-size jug and add oil in it. After this, add the egg and add at least half a cup of milk in it Then, you have to add vanilla extract and stir all these ingredients well to combine them evenly.
- The next step is to add this milk mixture to a large bowl having dry ingredients and combine them well with the help of a fork. Make sure that this muffin batter should be thick. In the end, add the blueberries in this mixture, (fresh or frozen, whatever you have).
- Now, pour this batter into the muffin cups and sprinkle a little granulated sugar over the top of the muffin batter.
- Now, bake these muffins for around 15-20 minutes or until you notice that tops have become dry. You can check if muffins are done completely by inserting a toothpick into the middle of a muffin. If it comes out clean, it means your muffins are ready. Then, transfer them to a cooling rack.
- You can store them in an airtight container and keep them at room temperature for 2-3 days. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months by wrapping your muffins tightly in aluminum foil or in the freezer bags.
- You can use fresh or frozen blueberries. If you are using frozen blueberries, do not thaw them.
- If you are going to make mini muffins, they will take less time to bake. So, keep checking them while baking, and they may get ready within 9-10 minutes.
- Make sure that the muffin batter should be thick. If your batter is too runny, you can add more flour to get the right consistency and if it is too dry or too thick, you can add milk as per the requirement.
Nutritional Value (per serving):
- Calories – 217kcal
- Carbohydrates – 33g
- Fat – 8g
- Protein – 3g
- Cholesterol – 20mg
- Fiber – 1g
This blueberry muffin recipe is quick and easy to make perfect golden brown sweet and tender muffins to enjoy anytime. If your kids love to have muffins, you must try this recipe and bring a precious smile to their faces.