Making this banana waffle is very effortless as they are light, fluffy, and present you with one of the most delicious breakfast recipes. It is like banana bread disguised as a waffle. Serve them for breakfast or as brunch, but most importantly, don’t forget to store them in the freezer!
Belgian-style waffles were first showcased at Expo 58 in Brussels, Belgium. One more Belgian introduced this style of waffles to the United States at Seattle World’s Fair in 1962.
However, it took a flight when these waffles were presented at New York World’s fair in 1964 when another Belgian entrepreneur introduced his version called “Bel-Gem” waffles.
Flavorful Banana Waffle Recipe for Tummy-filling Breakfast!
You wake up and see a stack of fluffy banana waffles waiting to be served with your favorite toppings – this is one of the most satisfying scenes! The best thing about these homemade banana waffles is that they are crispy from the outside and have a soft tender filling with a perfect banana flavor.
You can serve them as breakfast or eat them for brunch. The dreamiest soft-to-crunch ration is unbelievable and can provide you with something subtle-yet-sweet to kick start your morning. Let’s see how you can make these banana waffles at home!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 6 large waffles
- 1 medium banana
- 2 tablespoons light oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ⅓ cup milk
Method to Prepare
- Begin your preparation by preheating the waffle iron according to instructions.
- Meanwhile, take a medium-sized mixing bowl and add a banana to it. Mash them with the help of a fork.
- Now, add the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cinnamon to the banana bowl. Give it a stir until it is just combined.
- Then, pour milk into the bowl and again stir it until just combined.
- Pour this batter into the preheated waffle iron carefully.
- It will take around 4 to 5 minutes for waffle formation.
- After 5 minutes, open the waffle iron, carefully take out the waffle and let it rest on a wire rack.
- Be careful and ensure that you are not stacking them in a plate as it will turn your waffles soggy.
- Take these waffles on a plate and top it off with your favorite toppings such as a drizzle of maple syrup, buttermilk syrup, or place sliced bananas, pecans, whipped cream.
- Finally, drizzle a generous amount of chocolate syrup and enjoy a toothsome banana waffle!
This banana waffle recipe is not overly banana-y and has seriously luscious flavors. These waffles are also big enough to hold your favorite breakfast toppings from maple syrup, sliced fruit, peanut butter to even chocolate syrup or delicious Nutella!