Are you looking for a snack recipe that you can make quickly and serve guests immediately? If yes, we present you the easy and quick Banana Chips recipe. It is one of the snacks that is liked by all and is super easy to make at home!
If you are a big fan of Kerala-style banana chips, this easy recipe will help you make the crunchiest and tastiest wafers at home in less than 10 minutes. It is a trendy snack in southern India and is made as a munching evening snack.
How to Make Banana Chips at Home?
Chips have become one of the most popular snacking items consumed for various occasions—usually like potato chips that come in different flavours and shapes.
The traditional banana chips hailing from South India have their devotees and distinctive taste and texture. These chips will make a great Diwali snack as you can serve them piping hot during the celebration and offer something new to your guests and family.
To learn how to make these chips, glance at the easy-to-follow steps mentioned here. Your friends and family will love this recipe’s taste and crunch.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 1 medium bowl
- 2 large raw bananas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 cups of water
- Oil for frying
Method to Prepare
- Firstly, slit the banana and peel the skin of the raw bananas.
- Peel off the skin completely.
- Grease your hands with some oil if it turns sticky.
- Now, slice bananas to medium thickness.
- Transfer them to a bowl.
- Sprinkle salt and turmeric on the banana pieces.
- Pour water and give it a good mix.
- Adding turmeric will give its famous yellow colour.
- After 1 minute, drain the water completely.
- Now, fry these chips in oil.
- Ensure you spread and drop it into the oil to avoid sticking.
- Stir chips occasionally and fry them on medium heat.
- Fry for 10 to 12 minutes until the chips are crispy yet not brown.
- Transfer these chips to a tissue paper-lined dish to drain excess oil.
- Serve them hot and pipping.
- You can serve this snack during festivals like Diwali as these chips will taste fresh and tasty and not like something that has come out of the box.
- You can add this recipe to your Diwali Snack recipe palate and serve amazing appetisers to your guests.