If you want to start your day perfectly then, there is nothing more significant than a delicious bagel sandwich laying on a plate for you. This is a kind of breakfast that will put you in a great mood and help you survive till lunch without feeling snacky.
According to popular legend, bagel or beigel, known in German, was invented around 1683. The bagel was shaped like a stirrup to give homage to the Polish king as he saved the city of Vienna from Turkish conquest.
Tummy-filling Bagel Sandwich Recipe for Breakfast!
This is the breakfast sandwich that has conquered many cuisines and delicacies. If you are a true New Yorker, then you will be mostly starting your day with this delicious and gooey B.E.C or Bacon Egg and Cheese sandwich!
This dish is one of the best recipes to start your day with, as you will need not worry about the hassle of cooking it. It is one of the easiest breakfast recipes to cook. Crisp bacon, gooey egg, and goodness of cheese – you will want to eat one every morning to kick start your day with myriads of flavors.
Let’s make this delicious bagel sandwich recipe at home and fill your breakfast with unique flavors.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 2 people
- Two bagels, sliced
- Four teaspoons unsalted butter, divided
- Four large eggs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Two slices cheese
- ½ ripe avocado, sliced
- Two large thick slices of ripe tomato
- Four slices bacon cooked until crispy, cut in half
- Two thin slices of onions
- Lettuce (optional)
- Sriracha or other hot sauce to taste
Method to Prepare
- First of all, slice the bagels in half horizontally and place them over a large skillet. Roast them over medium flame in 2 teaspoons of butter for around 2 minutes.
- Then, take a small bowl and crack eggs. Lightly beat them with salt and pepper and melt the remaining butter in the pan.
- Now, pour the eggs. Lift the unset bottom to let the uncooked eggs run underneath.
- When the base is almost cooked, and the top is a little wiggly, spread the cheese slices over the eggs.
- Then, let it cook for a minute and fold both the sides of the eggs over the middle to give it the shape of an omelet.
- Get the prepped omelet onto a cutting board and cut it in half.
- Place these cooked eggs on the bottom of the bagel and top it off with tomatoes, avocado, bacon, onion, and lettuce.
- Give a generous squirt of your sauce.
- Cover it with the bagel.
- Serve it warm and enjoy this delicious breakfast recipe!
If you are having a hard time choosing between a cream cheese bagel and a saucy bagel sandwich with an egg, then try this bagel sandwich recipe. This is an effortless dish and can be made in under 10 minutes. So, when you are having a morning rush, make this sandwich and enjoy a delicious breakfast.