Let’s go basic and simple this summer and talk about the delicious and effortless avocado toast! Mashed, creamy avocado spread onto a well-toasted loaf of multigrain bread is one of our favorite quick meals. This recipe has a special place in our hearts due to its deliciousness.
As for the history of this recipe, various food historians have claimed that chef Bill Granger may have been the first person to put avocado toast on a modern café menu in 1993. However, you can find the dish to be documented in Brisbane, Australia as early as 1929. Additionally, in the year 1999, the recipe was mentioned in The Guardian by Nigel Slater.
How to Make Appetizing Avocado Toast?
Avocado toast is a pretty delightful dish as you will not get enough of this healthy and quick recipe! Plus, you will have the opportunity to customize the recipe as you like. Play with the ingredients to invent new variations of this recipe.
Here, crispy whole grain bread and mashed avocado are paired incredibly well together to create a perfectly crunchy, creamy bite. This dish may have started as a super trendy food, but it has become a breakfast staple recipe due to its taste and easy-to-cook method.
Additionally, you have a blank canvas as you can choose what topping you want! To make things easy for you, we have included several variations for you apart from the basic recipe. These variations will take your avocado toast to the next level.
So, let’s see how you can make this effortless avocado toast recipe:
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 2 minutes
Servings: 2 serves
- 2 thick slices of multigrain toast
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, flaky if possible
Method to Prepare
- Collect all the ingredients. Now, toast the bread slices to your liking level of crunchiness.
- Meanwhile, cut, pit, and remove the avocado from its peel.
- Add it to a bowl and mash it fork until you have the desired level of texture.
- Squeeze lime juice as you mash. A fork is best but you can also use a mortar and pestle.
- Spread the avocado mixture between the two slices of toast. Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil over each slice.
- Sprinkle red chili flakes and salt and serve immediately.
Various Avocado Toast Recipes
Greek Avocado Toast: Add lime juice, crumbled feta, and sliced cherry tomatoes with mashed avocados to make a salty, tangy filling with a hint of sweetness.
Mexican Queso Fresco Toast: Queso fresco is another enticing crumbly and salty cheese that enhances the avocado toast. Sprinkle a little chili powder and drizzle a dash of lime juice to give your toast a Mexican touch!
This is the easiest and most delicious recipe you’ll ever need to know. Memorize this recipe and then use it whenever you feel hungry and lazy to cook a meal. So, grab the avocado and prepare various flavors for a healthy and satisfying meal.