If you love Middle Eastern cuisines then you are surely going to Atayef as it is delicious dessert coming out of the beautiful Middle Eastern countries. This dish is specially made in the holy month of the Ramadan.
You can make this Atayef at your home without any hassle and satisfy your sweet cravings with this delicious dessert. A Middle Eastern version of pancakes, Atayef will make you awe as it is filled with tasty fillings!
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 30 pancakes
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of water
- ½ cup of milk
- ½ cup of semolina
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla
- A pinch of salt
Method to Prepare:
- Take a large bowl and mix all the dry ingredients in it to prepare the mixture.
- Mix all the liquid ingredients together and add the mixture in the dry ingredients and whisk it to combine well and make a batter.
- Place this bowl in a warm place and cover it with a damp cloth and allow the batter to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Take a non-stick pan and heat it on medium heat. Pour the batter using a spoon to make round pancakes.
- The pancakes, Atayef will form bubbles on the surface but make sure you get loads of bubbles as it indicates that you have a perfect batter.
- If it is not perfect, need not worry; add some water as the batter may be too thick.
- It should take only 11-2 minutes to get ready based on the size of your pancakes.
- When the Atayef is not shiny, this indicates that your pancakes are ready. Remove them from the pan immediately.
- Transfer your pancake to a tea towel and make sure you fold down the towel to cover the Atayef, otherwise they will dry out quickly and it will be difficult to fold and seal it.
- Stuff the Atayef with the filling you choose, traditionally it is filled with white cheese, almonds, and walnuts then bake it.
- Dip in the sugar syrup or just drizzle it with maple syrup to make it more delicious!
- Serve this sweet devil to your family and enjoy a perfect dessert!
- Calories: 31kcal
- Carbs: 6g
- Calcium: 15mg
- Sugar: 1g
Make these amazing pancakes called Atayef at your home without any hassle and enjoy a sweet dish directly coming from the Middle East. You are surely going to love its sweet taste and just make it and enjoy it with your family and friends!