Are you thinking of making a dessert this fall season? Could there be a better dessert than using the apples to prepare a perfect dish? It’s quite simple. When you have an abundance of apples at this time, then why not make the best of the apples and surprise your family with something sweet, delicious, and flavorful?
This easy-to-make apple crisp recipe is a dessert that does not take much effort and time to enjoy the great flavor of apples in some unique way. Even if your kid or anyone in your family is not a fan of apples, he/she will definitely love this apple crisp recipe and will ask you to make it frequently.
Toothsome Apple Crisp Recipe!
This recipe is packed with juicy apples mixed with other ingredients that are perfectly baked until they turn tender. On top of it, topping adds a flavor to this dessert. You can enjoy it with your main meal, it will work great. It tastes divine once you add a scoop of vanilla ice cream over the top and pour some salted caramel sauce over it.
You must try this homemade comfort food to enjoy the delicious flavor and a new version of apples on a cold fall day. Of course, people of all ages are going to love this apple crisp recipe. So, let’s start preparing for it.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- Half cup of all-purpose flour
- One-third cup of unsalted butter
- Half cup of old fashioned oats
- One-fourth teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Half cup of light-brown sugar
- One-fourth teaspoon of salt
- Half teaspoon of baking powder
For the apple filling:
- 2 pounds of apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Half teaspoon of vanilla extract
- One-fourth cup of light-brown sugar
- Half teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch of salt
Method to Prepare:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and place the oven rack. Grease a baking tray with butter as well.
- Now, add a half cup of all-purpose flour, pats, half a cup of light-brown sugar, half a teaspoon of baking powder, one-fourth teaspoon of salt, and one-fourth teaspoon of cinnamon powder into a bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- After this add one-third cup of butter into the bowl of the dry mixture. Mix it well either using your fingertips or you can use a flat spatula.
- Mix until you get small crumbs. Now, Slide this bowl into the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, take a small bowl and add butter and all-purpose flour to it. Mix both ingredients well until they blend completely. After this, add water, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Then, add one-fourth cup of light-brown sugar, half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder, and 1 pinch of salt. Stir all together well.
- Take another large bowl and add thinly sliced apples to it. Then, pour this butter and flour mixture over apples and stir all together so that apples get coated evenly.
- After this, pour this apple mixture into the prepared baking dish or casserole dish (whatever you are using). Make sure that this apple mixture should be spread into an even layer.
- Then, take out the topping from your refrigerator and add it evenly over the top of the apple mixture.
- Now, bake it in the preheated oven until the apples are tender or the top of the dish turns golden brown. It may take around 30-35 minutes.
- Allow this apple crisp recipe to rest for around 10-15 minutes before serving. You can serve it with vanilla ice cream and salted caramel sauce over the top.
- Make sure to slice the apples thinly so that they tender easily and quickly to make them crisp.
- If you are using salted butter, make sure to reduce the quantity of salt you are using for the topping as well as the filling.
- To enjoy the real flavor and taste of this homemade apple crisp recipe, you are advised to serve it freshly baked and warm.
Nutritional Value (per serving):
Calories – 447cal
Carbohydrates – 72g
Cholesterol – 44 mg
Fat – 17g
Protein – 3g
Calcium – 65mg
Sodium – 110mg
This apple crisp recipe is a must-try dessert for every fall. This is going to be a family favorite. The baked apples with topping and vanilla ice cream at the top are something that dreams are made of!