Chiko roll is the most famous Australian food. It looks like a spring roll or egg roll but the taste is quite different. Some people also called Chiko Roll is an Australian version of an egg roll. This snack can be eaten while walking without using any kind of plate or cutlery.
Chiko Roll Recipe
Let’s check out what kinds of ingredients are required to prepare Chiko Roll and the method of cooking.
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup finely cut green cabbage
- 1 finely sliced celery stick
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 small size onion finely chopped
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 8 sheets spring roll pastry
Method To Prepare:
- Before start cooking first remove the spring roll pastry from the fridge to make it normal and defrost which ease in cooking.
- First, take a pan and put butter to melt on medium heat.
- After the butter is melted add finely chopped onion, cabbage, celery & carrot and fry this until soft.
- Add chicken stock cube in fry and mix well. After this, the pan needs to be cover with a lid and wait until the chicken stock cube becomes hot.
- Once the chicken stock cube heated properly add plain flour in mixture and mix it well. After 2-3 minutes turn off the flame.
- A clean place Layout 1 pastry sheet and remaining pastry sheet keep under a moist clean tea towel. Put 3 tablespoons of mixture on the pastry sheet and spread it.
- Start folding from both side and bring at middle and roll.
- Apply beaten egg on the roll by using a brush to adhere to the pastry and cover rolls with a moist tea towel.
- Again take a pan and put required vegetable oil to heat. After that keep all the rolls in heat oil and cook until it becomes golden in color from all the sides.
- Layout paper towel in the plate and remove rolls from pan to paper towel.
- Now your Chiko Roll is ready to eat. Serve it with sweet chili sauce or tomato sauce.
Please try this chiko roll recipe at your home and let me know your opinion in below comment section. I would love to hear from you.